• Yoga – Yoga has been practised for over 5,000 years. It encompasses a practice of breath work, postures (asanas) and relaxation. Yoga can be a form of exercise that strengthens the entire body and helps to connect us at a deeper level with our spiritual nature. Asanas stretch, strengthen and build stamina in different muscle groups. Breath is the single most important part of the practice. This life giving force centers the mind and creates the energy to sustain the practice. The final component of a yoga practice is relaxation. This is where yoga assists in the calming of our minds and helps us obtain a profound sense of peace and wellbeing.
“If you practice yoga every day with perseverance, you will be able to face the turmoil of life with steadiness and maturity.” BKS Iyengar
• Vinyasa Flow Yoga – Re-energize and rejuvenate your spirit with this multi level class that connects poses through breath work and energy flow. Focus is on strength, flexibility, body awareness and breath. Practice is done to music for an uplifting experience.
• Ongoing Yoga – Continue to deepen your yoga practice and to challenge yourself to find more body awareness as we explore intermediate yoga poses. This is a faster paced class. We will work with Pranayama (breathing techniques), Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations), intermediate poses, as well as guided relaxation.
Various inversions may be included in this session. A minimum of 6 months yoga experience is required.
• Gentle Yoga – This class helps to find space in the body with gentle stretching. It helps to quiet our busy minds and focus on the life giving breath. The passive restorative asanas help move one into a profound sense of relaxation and peace where we can begin to catch a glimpse of our eternal nature.
“Relaxation begins from the outer layer of the body and penetrates the deep layers of our existence.” BKS Iyengar
• Yin Yoga – Yin Yoga postures are more passive than a more active practice. The practice targets the connective tissues such as the ligaments, bones and even the joints of the body. Yin Yoga is unique in that you are asked to relax in the posture, soften the muscle and move closer to the bone. While yang-like yoga practices are more superficial, Yin offers a much deeper access to the body. It is not uncommon to see postures held for three to five minutes, even 20 minutes at a time. The time spent in these postures is much like time spent in meditation. While in a Yin class you might notice similar postures to a yang class except they are called something else, on a basic level this is to help the students mind shift form yang to yin, active to passive.
Regular weekly class on Thursday 5:15-6:15pm
Sunday Relaxation Sessions 7 – 8:30 pm on Sept. 29, Oct. 27, Nov. 17 and Dec. 8
• Play and Move Yoga for Kids – This is an energetic yoga class designed to keep 6-13 year olds engaged, having fun and learning about yoga. Various yogic principles and poses will be taught in an inviting and fun environment.
6 Week Session ~Sept 9 – Oct 21 from 4-4:45pm
~ Nov 4 – Oct 9 from 4-4:45pm
~$47 for single Session
~$77 for both Sessions
• *NEW Class • Iyengar Yoga Beginner Class
Iyengar yoga is characterized by attention to detail and alignment. This class will teach the basic principles of alignment and structure in various yoga poses. It is designed to give practitioners a good start in proper yogic techniques and to provide an excellent review for experienced practitioners.
10 weeks – $111
Sept. 19 – Nov 21, 2013
• Belly Fit® – High-energy, fun class to build overall strength, agility and cardiac health.
• Beginner Ballroom Dance Class – This class is designed for anyone who loves to dance or wants to learn how to move on the dance floor with more skill, grace and ease. The instructors are adept and knowledgeable at sharing their joy and passion for dance.
Learn basic steps as well as two to three moves in the following dance styles: Foxtrot, Waltz, Jive, Rumba and Cha Cha. Learn form, posture and leading to develop your grace and pose on the dance floor. Indoor dance shoes are required.